Matfer Bourgeat stainless steel cooking WOK 30cm
Unequalled robustness & design that combines cooking performance with ergonomics
Suitable for all GAS heat sources.
Optimized cooking by uniform heat conduction in skirt and base.
- Capacity: 4Ltr
- Dimensions: 30cm
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Reinforced non-drip edge with ultra thick bumper
- French standard NF and us NSF
- Made in France
How to properly use the new Matfer Bourgeat cooking wok
If you just purchased a cooking wok, do not use it before you prepare it.
Here are the steps to prepare a wok for the first cooking:
- Remove anti-rust protection by scrubbing the wok with a metal scourer. Use a teaspoon of detergent.
- Rinse with plenty of water.
- Burn the wok twice. The first burn is with high heat. Rainbow colors may appear.
- The second burn requires oil or fat. Apply oil all over the inner surface.
- Allow the oil to smoke for a while (several minutes).
- When smoking stops, remove the wok from the heat.
- You can use a blow-torch to burn the wok’s sides.
- Now, your wok is ready for the cooking magic.
5 steps for cleaning and maintaining a Wok
When your wok is dirty, you have to clean it in a proper way.
- Fill the wok with water
- Put it on the heat until the water starts boiling
- Use a metal ladle or welder to scrap the insides
- Use liquid detergent to complete the cleaning process
- Dry the wok on the heat source
Tips for wok cooking – how to stir fry like a pro
- Start by heating a wok (no oil or water yet) to be piping hot
- Add a tablespoon of oil
- Pick up your wok and spread the oil with circular movements (make the oil swirl and reach the edges)
- Pour off the excess oil (use it for something else or leave it in a fridge)
- Put the wok back on the heat
- Add spices and cook them for a minute or two
- Add vegetables, meat, rice, eggs, mushrooms
- Stear and shake the wok as shown in 45 seconds video Slow motion wok tossing by Chef Jin Haw
Benefits of cooking with a wok
The main wok’s purpose is to stir fry easily. Here are the main advantages compared to “regular” pots and pans:
- The specially designed shape prevents food spillage
- Two heat surfaces combined with specific movements guarantee evenly cooked food
- Meals are more delicious and healthier since the cooking is quicker, with less oil
- A non-stick surface and a unique way of cooking prevent food from burning
- Cooking wok is very handy if you want to make mixed salads and cold dishes
- It’s shape allows you to mix ingredients and drain excess oil before serving easily
Discover our wide range of Professional Tableware: plates, cutlery, and glassware!
www.gduke.com has been a steady companion of Irish chefs and restaurants for years.
For over three decades, we have been providing high-quality catering products.